Thursday, January 5, 2012

Your Funniest Potty Training Stories

Your Funniest Potty Training Stories

Potty training can be a challenge, but with the help of prizes, siblings, and songs, it can be easier (and funnier).
What Are Your Most Humorous Toilet Training Tales?
Boy with toilet paperPotty training can be a trying time for most parents, and plenty of frustrating and funny moments can happen to make good anecdotes to share with friends and family. We asked you (our readers!) to relive the hilarious potty training memories and share them with us. From singing songs about poop to leaving a "surprise" behind a curtain to falling feet-first into the toilet, read on for adorable, groan-inducing, and laugh-out-loud potty training stories -- and then share your own!
Kids Say (and Sing) the Darnedest Things
My 4-year-old twin girls always tell each other how big their poop is; it's like a competition to them. One morning Maggie had a pretty big one and she was super proud to tell her sister that it looked like a tree trunk. Later that afternoon, Madison came out of the bathroom screaming in excitement and wanted everyone to come see her poop. She said, "I told you, Maggie, I'm a princess, cause my poop looks like a castle! - Wendi Matthews
My 3-year-old son came running out of the bathroom and announced that he pooped polka dots in the potty! - Sally Hardison
My 3-year-old daughter has her routine. She sings her song, "My poop comes out of my BUTT," and after she pees or poops, she does a big "WOO-HOO"! - Christina Nastos
My son was outside playing when he did a number two in his pants. I asked him why he pooped in his pants instead of coming in to the potty. He replied that he didn't do it. I asked "Well, how did it get in your pants?" and he said, "It jumped in there." - Amanda Prince-Kirk
I potty trained my son in one day. The only accident he had was doing number two. This was our conversation when I walked in the bathroom and he had just pooped on the floor.
Mom: Kayden, what happened?
Kayden: I pooped.
Mom: Well, honey, you're supposed to sit on the potty.
Kayden: No! Boys are supposed to stand up to go potty!
Jayme Spear